Review | Glowwbox April 2015



As a chocolate obsessive I was pretty excited about April's Glowwbox* aptly named the 'Cocoa Affair Edition'. Glowwbox is a beauty subscription service (£15 + P&P per month) aimed at women with darker skin. As it's the month of Easter and Spring, many of the products in this edition are rich in cocoa or are perfectly suited to the season. 


Inside my box was Figs & Rouge Mocha Orange Hand Cream (£7), Benecos Nail polish in Sharp Rose (£6.95), Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Magic Foot Scrub (£4.99), NYX Cosmetics Glam Shadow Stick in Divine Amber (£4.50), Inlight Chocolate Face Mask (full size £45) and IMAN Luxury Eye Shadow in Tiger Eye (£12.50). Most of the products were full size apart from the Inlight face mask.

Out of the Glowwboxes I've had so far this is probably my second favourite, mostly as the makeup products are similar to items would buy for myself. I don't wear much eyeshadow, but when I do I'm always drawn to neutral or gold tones. The NYX Glam Shadow Stick is a gorgeous gold shade but it's not overpowering on the skin. It's a creamy texture so it glides on and is easy to blend. I haven't tried the IMAN Eyeshadow yet but swatched the colour to get an idea of pigmentation and it's a really pretty metallic brown. I sense I'll be relying on this shadow to create a subtle smoky eye looks. The Benecos nail polish in Sharp Rose is a pale shimmery pink. It's exactly the kind of colour I reserve for my toes and I've already given myself a pedicure with this shade.


My skin has been so dry even with the (slightly) warmer weather so the Figs & Rouge Mocha Orange Hand Cream is now taking up residence in my handbag. It has a light fruity scent and smells more like orange than chocolate. It keeps my hands moisturised without leaving my hands too oily. My feet have been hidden in heeled boots for months and with sandal season around the corner I was definitely in need of a treatment like Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Magic Foot Scrub. Though a self-confessed chocolate fanatic, I'm not a huge fan of Palmers products as I don't really like the scent. As this is a scrub the scent doesn't linger too much and I love that it makes my feet so smooth.


Last month's Glowwbox reminded me to take out some time to pamper myself, so once a week I've been applying a face mask. I love the INLIGHT Chocolate Face Mask, mostly as the ingredients are totally natural. The mask itself smells so delicious it was a shame I could only put it on my face! Only two samples of the Chocolate Face Mask were included and this product is pretty pricey to buy. Luckily one sample is enough for 3 uses as a little goes a long way. I haven't seen a huge change in my skin after use, though it does feel very soft and looks slightly less dull.


The Cocoa Affair is available on the Glowwbox website until 1st May 2015 
You can read my other posts on Glowwbox editions by clicking the below links:
Glowwbox December 2014
Glowwbox February 2015
Glowwbox March 2015


*sample - All of the products in this box were provided courtesy of Glowwbox. See my disclaimer here.

Have you tried Glowwbox or another Beauty Box Subscription service?

Lesley x