Review | Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus


I've been experimenting with a lot of different products of late and whilst I try not to play favourites these products from the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus line are the ones I keep reaching for again and again.


The Curl & Shine Conditioner (£10.99) gives a lot of slip and definitely makes my hair feel soft and shiny. It's made with Silk Protein (to smooth the hair) and Neem Oil (for shine and anti-frizz) as well as Coconut Oil and Hibiscus Flower extract. The consistency is quite thin and runny though as it's a daily conditioner. I was definitely expecting the formula to be a lot thicker given the ingredients and that it's produced for thick, curly hair. This hasn't been a problem for me though as it does get out tangles fairly easily. I usually apply post-shampoo, detangle and then rinse after a few minutes. If your hair gets weighed down easily this is probably a winner, but if it takes a lot more to keep the moisture in you'll may need something heavier.

The Curl Enhancing Smoothie (£12.99) is my go-to product for adding extra definition to my hair. It's very thick and the perfect partner for frizzy hair. I love that you can use it on wet or dry hair and it gives really soft crunch-less curls regardless of when you use it. I usually add a little in sections after moisturising or apply it to my ends when they're starting to look a little flat. The ingredients are similar to the Curl & Shine Conditioner but this product is also made with Carrot Oil, Avocado Oil and Aloe Vera Extract and it smells so good.

I've been using the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Styling Milk too but as I've already reviewed this I won't detail much of what I've stated already. I've been using it mostly with the above products and it provides the right amount of moisture to my strands. The bottle is tiny though so I get through it quite quickly!

I'll definitely be picking up the Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the Styling Milk again soon. The price is a killer and I wish the products were much bigger. There are certain brands I'm willing to pay more for though and Shea Moisture is definitely one of them. I like the Curl & Shine Conditioner but it's no patch on the Superfruit Complex Conditioner so I'll be grabbing another bottle of that when it's all finished. I picked up the Shea Moisture products here from Boots in-store but they're also sold online and more online retailers based in the UK are finally stocking this brand.

Have you tried Shea Moisture products?

Lesley x