Look Fantastic Beauty Box | Jan 2017


To usher in the new year this month's beauty box from Look Fantastic is all about refreshing your beauty routine and it's fair to say that it's always in January I get the itch to try something new.

Inside January's box are 6 products - (left to right) Pixi Brow Tamer (£12), Nuxe Nuxellence Éclat Lotion Tonique Douce (full size £14/200ml), Trifle Cosmetics Liquid Glow (£15.96), Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask (full size £30/236ml), Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara (£17.95) and The Vintage Cosmetic Company Rose Gold Tweezers (£8)*.


I haven't tried any of the products before but I am familiar with a few of the brands included. Of the 6 products the Pixi Brow Tamer and Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask peaked my interested most. I've been trying to not be so obsessed with filling my brows in everyday but I struggle to leave them bare so I've relying on clear gels like the Pixi Brow Tamer. It's not really noticeable on the skin - as you can't really see or feel it - but it holds really well and lasts. I haven't tried the Briogeo Mask yet (as I'm saving it for when my ends undoubtedly feel really dry when I'm on holiday in colder temperatures next week) but it's made with various natural oils and flower extracts like Avocado and Argan Oil and Marigold extract. The tube is only 29ml so I'd definitely need to try the full size to get an idea of how well this works for my hair but I've already tried and love the Briogeo Rosarco Repair Conditioner (see here) which has similar ingredients.

Highlighting is now an essential part of my makeup routine - even when I'm skipping foundation - so it was hard not to be intrigued by Trifle Cosmetics Liquid Glow. It's a pink-toned illuminator formulated with Cocoa Butter to give the skin a glittery flush of colour. It's not something I'd ordinarily go for as I prefer warmer-toned highlighters but it looks beautiful dabbed onto bare cheekbones as it can kind of double as a blush.


I've been a bit obsessed with using astringents after cleansing lately in an attempt to curb breakouts so I had every intention of using the Nuxe Nuxellence Éclat Lotion Tonique Douce regularly to see if it was worth purchasing - that was until I managed to drop half of it on the floor when I first opened it! I lost a lot of product so whilst I have been using it most nights I'm now almost finished. It leaves my skin feeling really soft and it's quite gentle but it's hard to tell at this point whether it's something I need in my skincare routine.

I haven't used the Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara or The Vintage Cosmetic Company Rose Gold Tweezers yet, mostly as I have other products which do the same job, but it's great that there's been a real mix of products in this month's box.

As ever you can get this box from Look Fantastic.

*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes? 

Lesley x