Review | 3Thirty Salon



I must be getting more comfortable with being back in a stylist's chair as this year I've frequented salons more than I have done in the last decade! Blogging has been the primary reason I've been able to of course which I'm so thankful for. If you've followed my blog or YouTube channel for a while you'll know if been dying to get a professional cut so it was perfect timing when Shoreditch-based Salon 3Thirty reached out to me.

I've been cutting my hair myself for the past few years partly as I didn't know where I could get a good cut and also as the goal until recently was to slowly cut off all of my chemically-treated hair -which made forking out for a decent hair cut pointless in my eyes. With my hair naturally curly my main goal was getting a cut that gave my hair a good shape and was tailored to my curls as I have no plans to wear my hair straight in the immediate future.



I met with Tiff J, owner of 3Thirty Salon, recently and after a consultation she recommended one of her custom blended hair treatments and a cut (£87)*. She focused on adding moisture so after washing my hair with Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo, she applied a mix of MIZANI Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner and Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask. My hair was then wrapped in a plastic cap and left to infuse under the dryer for 20 minutes. My hair felt so soft afterwards and it was good to note a couple of products I'd used in the past on my relaxed hair still worked as well for my hair in it's curly state too.

Whilst still damp, Tiff meticulously cut my hair small sections at a time, taking care to ensure an even cut based on how my curls fell. I can part my hair anywhere and she took so little off the ends. For me it's night and day - my hair has more movement, looks more even and allowed me to wave goodbye to some pesky split-ends. After cutting, my hair was styled with Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé, diffused and finished with a little Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream. I only had my phone on me to take a few snaps in the salon but restyled my hair the next day at home so you can see how the cut looks in the first picture above.

The salon itself is gorgeously decorated and pretty convenient for me to get to. The cost of the services I received is a lot if you're like me and you're used to doing everything yourself. I have created my own DIY salon at home in lieu of frequent visits to a professional but I'm the first to (reluctantly) admit I can't do it all. I just loved the general aura of the salon too and I could see it as place I'd be returning to. Tiff explained that the cut she gave me should last 4 months but when I need another I know where to go.

*complementary treatment received - read my disclaimer here.



Do you go to a salon regularly?


Lesley x