3Thirty Salon [Revisit]



I've been itching to get my hair cut again so went back to 3Thirty Salon on Old Street, Shoreditch this week. I first reviewed the salon back in June (see here) and I really loved my haircut as it gave my hair so much shape.

Since my last visit the salon has had a revamp. The decor still has a modern yet French baroque inspired feel but there's now a coffee and cake bar within the salon. They do more than just coffee though (for the hot chocolate and tea obsessives like me) and there's also a hot desk area which freelancers can work from.


I met with Salon owner Tiff-J again and explained I wanted a similar shape to before which had slightly grown out and I needed some sort of style to the shorter front pieces of my hair which I usually don't know what to do with when styling. She suggested a moisture-packed treatment before a small trim and she would blend the pieces at the front with my layers to create a slight fringe.*

Similar to my last visit Tiff started by cleansing my hair with Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo and to condition she applied a mix of MIZANI Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner and L'Oreal Fiberceutic. My hair was then detangled before Tiff trimmed the ends and brought back the shape. She then re-rinsed my hair and styled and diffused my curls with Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream applied.

I absolutely love the cut and like before I feel like it's made such a difference. My hair has grown a lot since my last cut and I think the extra weight was making certain areas look quite flat so it's like it's had some life injected back into it.

As I've had two really good experiences at 3Thirty I will definitely be returning when I need another haircut. Whilst they're most known for styling afro hair, they also have expertise working with European and Asian hair. If you're interested there's more details on their services on their website here.


*complementary treatment received - read my disclaimer here.

Do you go to a salon?


Lesley x