Glowwbox | August 2015


Glowwbox posts have been frequenting my blog since December 2014 but in case you didn't know Glowwbox is a beauty subscription service (£15 + P&P per month) aimed at women with darker skin. This month's Glowwbox is the 'USA All Stars' Edition* and includes some of the American brands us Brits are crazy about.


There's 6 products inside in total, 4 of which are full-size: OGX Argan Oil & Shea Butter Shampoo (£6.99/385ml), OGX Argan Oil & Shea Butter Conditioner (£6.99/385ml), Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow + Sparkle (£8.99), Revlon Nail Enamel in Perfect Coral (£6/14.7ml), Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner (full size £16.99/300ml) and Design Essentials Hydrience Argan Moisture Replenishing Mist (full size 118ml). This post is more of a 'what's inside' than a review but this is the first time I've received a Glowwbox and been familiar with every brand included. 

OGX has a massive range of hair products and I've tried a few but not the Argan Oil & Shea Butter range before. Both of these products smell beautiful. The shampoo doesn't strip my hair and the conditioner leaves my strands feeling very soft and silky. I tend to prefer using deep conditioners to keep my strands hydrated so I'll probably use this conditioner to co-wash. I may even try this as a pre shampoo treatment to detangle my hair before washing as it gives it a nice amount of slip.


I love using leave-in conditioners post-wash so the Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner is an interesting addition to this box. The full-size product is pretty pricey so it's good to see a decent sized sample included. It's been several years since I last tried Mixed Chicks products and coincidentally I was sent a few by the company last week (but I'll save the details for another post when I've had time to fully try all of the products). The Design Essentials Mist is my kind of product. It smells deliciously fruity and gives the hair a moisture boost whilst leaving it feeling really smooth. The texture of the product is slightly oily but it's still quite light. 

I love the quality and affordability of Revlon products and the PhotoReady Palette and Nail Enamel are no exception. They're not colours I would ordinarily pick but the coral-toned nail polish is a gorgeous summer shade and I'd love to try a khaki eye makeup look using the palette similar to this one.


This Glowwbox is on sale now. If you're interested you can get your first Glowwbox for £5.95 using this link and checkout code: FRESHL (the offer is only available until 31st August).

*sample - all of the products in this box were provided courtesy of Glowwbox. See my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a Beauty Box Subscription service?

Lesley x