Look Fantastic Beauty Box | July 2016


I haven't featured a beauty box on my blog since the end of last year and in all honesty it's because I felt like a lot of beauty box brands had lost their sparkle a little. Many included brands or products I had no interest in trying and I ended up with endless samples of products I was unlikely to ever buy. The latest edition from Look Fantastic is the most excited I've been about a beauty box recently. It features beauty tailored towards summer hair and skin. Inside July's edition is (from left to right) Mi Ti Professional Hair Tie 3pk (£4.95), Bellápierre Cosmetics Pink Cheek & Lip Stain (£12.99), Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Or (full size £19/50ml), Kebelo Silk Anti-Frizz Cream (full size £16.99/50ml), This Works In Transit Camera Close-up (full size £30/40ml) and Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in 06 Deep (full size £18.50)*



Given that my hair tangles around itself and pretty much anything it comes into contact with you'd think I'd avoid products like the Mi Ti Professional Hair Ties and initially I did. Anything that says it's for all hair-types usually isn't but these telephone-cord shaped work so well on my hair whether it's curly or straight. These types of ties don't leave pronounced dents in the hair and give a good hold without the tension. I know where to get more now when I need a refill. 

I'm only familiar with Bellápierre Cosmetics thanks to beauty boxes and whilst I love the quality of their products I've not been enticed enough to buy anything from them yet. The Pink Cheek & Lip Stain is far more pigmented than I was expecting and gives a pretty pop of pink on my cheeks but it's no match for my darkly-toned lips. As a result I'm not sure how well this particular shade would work for darker skin.

I've seen the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Or pop up on a few of my favourite blogs but I just couldn't find a real reason to buy it. It's a multi-purpose dry oil which you can use on your body, face or hair and it gives a really subtle but beautiful shimmer. It's a great product to have but more of a want than a need.



The Kebelo Silk Anti-Frizz Cream did de-frizz my dry ends well when applied after slightly dampening with water. The full-size product is just too tiny for me as I tend to get through so much product.

The beauty blogging community peaked my interest in This Works In Transit Camera Close-up a couple of years ago but I read a few mixed reviews. It's a 3-in-1 product, combining a mask, moisturiser and primer and it has Victoria Beckham's seal of approval. I haven't tried it yet but I do love the idea of simplified skincare.

I've been using (and loving) a couple of products from the newly launched brow collection from Benefit and the Goof Proof Brow Pencil is something I haven't tried yet. I'm not usually a fan of brow pencils but it's a quick way to fill in any sparse areas so I'm sure this sample-sized version will see a lot of use.


Overall I really liked this box mostly as there were a few products here which I've wanted to try for some time. This box is available for £15 for a monthly subscription which is worth it providing you're interested in the brands/products included. I still think beauty box brands in general need to offer more options for customisation as it is so hard to make a box which will appeal to everyone but I really loved this edition. 

You can get this month's box and the products inside from Look Fantastic here

*sample - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a beauty box before?

Lesley x