Black Beauty & Hair | Dec 2015 / Jan 2016


Another year is almost over (scarily) and with it brings the Dec/Jan issue of Black Beauty & Hair.


The holiday season has given me some time to actually sit down with a magazine as opposed to a quick flick through on my commute. As usual there's lots of styling tips, new beauty buys and how to get ready to party this season. I've especially enjoyed reading how YouTube beauties, LizLizLive, Jennifer Olaleye, EstareLIVE and Abigail Kwakye spend their days during the festive season and How to be a Bobstar in which Lathaniel Chambers shows how a weave can be cut into a gorgeous natural-looking bob.


This is issue is pretty special for me too as I'm in it both as a writer and as a blogger. My article this is issue is Hair Mask 101 which talks through why you need a hair mask, what to use and how. Deep conditioners are my favourite type of product so naturally I can't help strongly suggesting others rely on these too.


Also inside is 'Bloggers Makeover' with KeraCare involving Megisa (My Black Hair), Diane (I Grew It Long) Fatou (Black in the Air) and me. We were styled by award-winning hairstylist Michelle Thompson at the Francesco Group back in August for a 70s themed photoshoot. I've already posted what happened the behind-the-scenes over the course of the photoshoot here and in the magazine you can read what the other bloggers had to say and a word from Michelle Thompson.

Have you got a copy?

Lesley x