Review | Sara Hill Makeup


Launched in Summer last year, Sara Hill Makeup is the brain-child of Scottish-born makeup Artist turned Magazine Editor Sara Hill. She's an intriguing character and described as a "non-conformist, expert beauty that doesn't patronise, apologise or explain" - definitely my kind of woman. Her makeup brand is inspired by "fashion, club kids, pop culture" and interestingly "chain-smoking aunties". Her collection features a kaleidoscope of glitters, pigments and lip colours as well as foundations and concealers. I am impressed with the quality of both the packaging and the products themselves however they do come with a pretty premium price tag.

Left to right clockwise Luxury Face Primer (£27), Treasure Chest Eyeshadow (£16), Berrywood Lip Pencil (£15), Retro Red Lip Pencil (£15), I-AM Lipstick (£17) and Sadie Doll Lipstick (£17)* 

I created an easy makeup look with a few of the products sent over. I applied the luxury face primer first, underneath my usual foundation which left a nice smooth finish. I then swept a little of the Treasure Chest eyeshadow over my lids which is a neutral taupe brown. I found the eyeshadow quite chalky but the colour really suits my skintone so I'll try more looks using this in future. I then smudged a little black kohl eyeliner around my eyes to give them a bit more dimension.


I'm wearing the Sadie Doll Lipstick in the picture above which is a beautiful bright orange red. It's not a colour I would usually go for but it's a welcome change. I applied the Retro Red Lip pencil underneath which is a different colour to the Sadie Doll lipstick but you can't even see it once the lipstick is applied. The lip products here are my favourites as they're all stunningly pigmented and leave a gorgeous smooth finish.


Overall I really loved these products and it's great to be introduced to a quality brand I was previously unfamiliar with. Sara Hill Makeup is all about bold colour so here I've only really dipped my toe into a small section of what they have to offer. If you love bright bold colours, glitters and are prepared to pay a bit more for quality makeup this may the brand for you. As far as I can tell Sara Hill Makeup is only available online through their website.

What makeup have you been wearing lately?

Lesley x