Glossier is coming to the UK


Us Brits miss out on a lot of cult brands from across the pond but we'll be able to shop one more, rather than just swoon over on Instagram, very soon. Glossier has announced that they'll be coming to the UK in October 2017.


If you haven't heard already, Glossier was born from website Into The Gloss in 2014 (FYI it's an addictive hub of beauty goss and advice that's been around since 2010). It's founder and CEO Emily Weiss knows beauty and in Glossier world skincare is essential, makeup is secondary - something I've been learning first hand this past year. Their mantra is that makeup is not about covering up or 'perfecting' your look but having fun and celebrating your own, unique beauty. In their own words they create 'beauty products which work for real girls in real life' and that's a philosophy I'm on board with.

Glossier are taking their products internationally, recently announcing that they will be shipping to Canada before the UK this year and also France in 2018. In aid of the UK launch, Glossier hosted a few events in Baker Street last weekend. One was a pop-up giving Londoners a chance to get acquainted with (and drool over) their curated 'pared-down' beauty essentials.


The products at the pop-up were only there to test though samples were available for early birds to the event (which I was not). Luckily I had already received a few products during a dinner hosted by the brand the night before the pop-up so the Stretch ConcealerBoy BrowMilky Jelly CleanserPriming MoisturizerHaloscope and Lip Gloss* are now amongst my beauty arsenal. It's only been a week so I'll put them to the test more before reviewing. I've definitely got the Glossier bug following the pop-up and I've decided I also need the Cloud Paint blushes and the Generation G lipsticks in my life so they'll be my first purchases when the brand launches here in October.



*samples - read my disclaimer here.


Have you heard of / tried Glossier?


Lesley x