Review | UKHairWeaves Regal Relaxed 24" Extensions



I've been looking to get extensions recently and UKHairWeaves were kind enough to send me a set of their 24" Regal Relaxed Clip-in Extensions (£135)* a few weeks ago.

The Regal Relaxed Collection has the appearance of relaxed or blowdried afro-hair - perfect for blending this type of hair more seamlessly with extensions. The wavy texture is created through steam pressing on Virgin Indian Remy hair. I've never really worn extensions before but so far I'm really impressed at how well these match my transitioning hair. I bought a U-Part wig back in January which I love but I've only worn it twice because my hair didn't blend with the wig as much as I wanted without using heat. With these extensions I can be really lazy with styling my hair and it's virtually undetectable that I'm wearing extensions. You can see how they look in the shot above with absolutely no styling. I've been wearing the extensions intermittently throughout the last few weeks and so far colleagues, friends and my boyfriend haven't realised when I've had them in. 

In each set there's 8 wefts - 1 8" wide, 2 6" wide, 2 4''wide, 1 3" wide and 2 2" wide. There was a fair bit of shedding initially when I took the extensions out of the packaging but after washing them the shedding has reduced dramatically. The extensions are slightly longer than my own hair straightened and naturally taper at the ends. I wanted a fuller rather than longer look by using extensions so decided to cut about half an inch of the ends. The extensions fall roughly at my waist. 


The extensions only come in the colour 'natural' which is a very dark brown. If my hair wasn't henna treated these would match my hair colour perfectly. However as I do henna my hair regularly (details here) I decided my extensions should get the same treatment. I applied henna to 5 out of the 8 clip-ins (mostly the smaller ones) and now they actually look like they've come from my own head (see the snap below). As henna is hard to remove I'm planning to use regular dye on the other clip-ins so I can change the colour as necessary later on.


The hair is coarse and can get a bit dry so I treat them as my own hair, applying a little of my usual moisturiser to keep them hydrated. Heat can be used on these extensions for a sleeker look but I haven't tested this yet so I plan to make a YouTube video at a later stage when I do.


Overall I love these extensions as they are perfect for my hair texture. I think they may be a little too textured for anyone with bone straight relaxed hair but definitely deliver if you're looking for volume.

You can get them from the UK Hair Weaves website here.  

*sample - read my disclaimer here.

Have you ever tried hair extensions?

Lesley x