Review | KeraCare Intensive Restorative Masque


The KeraCare Intensive Restorative Masque (£15.99) has been a staple product of mine for over a year. I remember buying it for the first time, my hair was feeling pretty lack lustre from heat use the week before and none of the deep conditioners I had on hand at the time seemed to be making the impact I needed to get my hair back on track. I wasn't sure how well this product was going to work, but gave it a whirl and it's been in my hair stash ever since.


This product is a deep conditioner formulated for weak and damaged hair and claims that it can make it 42% stronger. I don't have any way of measuring whether that's really the case but my hair does feel noticeably stronger with more elasticity after each use. It's made with plant and fruit extracts such as camellia, apple and lemon which are stated to reinforce weak areas whilst leaving the hair silky soft. You can use this product weekly but I tend to use it once a month. I like to rotate my deep conditioners and prefer to focus on moisture heavy formulas, not to mention this is one of the pricier masques I own.

I usually apply this sparingly post-shampoo. The texture is quite gloopy and stringy but this makes it really easy to distribute throughout the hair and it means you don't have to use a huge amount of product. I usually keep it on my strands for about 15-30 minutes either with a plastic cap or under my steamer. My hair always feels soft and detangles so much easier when I use this.


I'm on my third pot of this masque and will continue to buy it when it runs out. As this product is pricey I tend to purchase it online from Beauty Bay or Look Fantastic where it's slightly cheaper than in the Afro-Caribbean haircare stores near me.

Do you use a hair masque?

Lesley x