Review | Latest In Beauty Get The Gloss Box



I love the idea of subscription beauty boxes but I've been looking for one that gives more freedom with allowing me to choose when I want to buy one and what's inside. Latest in Beauty appears to deliver this perfectly. Their main appeal is their boxes are released seasonally or you can build your own out of their selection of products, without being tied into a subscription. The samples in each box allow you to get a feel for the brands and if you like them you can purchase the full-size products using exclusive offers included.  

Their latest box - the 'Get The Gloss Cult Collection' (£15.95 + delivery)* features 8 'hero' products handpicked by the beauty experts at getthegloss.com. Included is (from left to right above) St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion, Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner, Ciate London Paint Pot in Mistress, Dr Lipp Miracle Balm, Prismologie Indigo Foot Cream & Pink O'Clock Hand & Cuticle Cream, Nude Skincare Pro Genius Rescue Oil and Bee Good Youth Enhancing Lift & Brightening Eye Cream. I'm familiar with all of the brands but hadn't actually tried any of these products before. 


My favourite product is the Dr Lipp Miracle Balm. It treats dry, rough and sore skin and has so many uses. You can apply it for priming the lips before lipstick, adding shine to your cheeks, taming your brows, softening dry elbows and cuticles, the list is endless! It's colourless, odourless and tasteless so really is the perfect versatile product. It retails for £12 which is 6 times the amount I'd usually pay for a balm but I'm actually pretty sold on this product already. I'm stashing it in my handbag for the foreseeable future. 

I also love the Ciate London nail polish in a classic red tone and the Eyeko Fat Liquid Eye Liner. These are similar to some of my staple beauty products. The Ciate polish is such a flattering shade of red and I think it can work for anyone. I have few Eyeko liners but haven't tried the 'fat' version. The thickness of the liner makes it much easier than I thought to get the perfect flick or graphic effect. 


My skincare collection is lacking in any eye creams so I was excited to try the Bee Good Youth Enhancing Eye Cream. I really don't get enough sleep leaving me to often look quite tired with dark circles and I was hoping for a brightening effect. I've only used the cream a couple of times and I haven't noticed a difference yet but I probably need to give it a little more time. Products which I have noticed a difference from instantly however are the Prismologie hand and foot creams. They smell amazing and with one use my skin feels baby soft. The full size products are definitely too pricey for me at £30 a pop so I'll just have to enjoy these whilst they last. 

Even though I have oily skin, I love facial oils but recently I've neglected to use any completely. The Nude Skincare Pro Genius Rescue Oil boasts a blend of so many awesome oils in the ingredients that I'm not surprised this is considered a hero product. I haven't used this yet but applying a few drops to the skin is stated to leave it nourished and glowing. I also have yet to experiment with the St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion. Tanning is something I rarely do especially as I've always found application awkward or too much work. I love that this product can be applied on wet skin and after 3 minutes you can rinse it off. I'll be giving this product a try when my legs eventually see daylight as they're looking a little pale! 

You can get this box from the Latest In Beauty website now and if you're interested you can get it delivered free with the code GTG2015 until 11th October. 

*Sample. See my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a beauty box before?

Lesley x